So, I’m continuing the cover process for the Beta Testing the Apocalypse cover. Previous parts: 12345. In the last post, I was showing the evolution of the color. This time I’m focusing on the type design.

Image 1: This was the first iteration. I wanted to typographically mirror the ‘beta testing’ concept by having some kind of wireframe version of the type present… it was a little too much.

Image 2: I still wanted they type to be somehow active… but not quite as hyperactive as here.

Image 3: This is pretty close to what I settled on. The drawing had so much going on in it, that I decided the type needed to be more subtle and clean… so the two elements won’t compete with each other.